By being part of this community you are agreeing to the rules below.
If you don't agree with them, then please just remove yourself from the group.
1. What's OK to post.
- Polls asking for feedback on book covers or titles
- Posts asking people to PM (private message) you if they're interested in joining your launch team
- Useful non-self-promotional information
- Questions you have, like things you're stuck on
- Requests for accountability partners
- If you had an excellent experience with a provider like an editor or book cover designer, feel free to share it
Essentially - anything that helps the other authors in this group that doesn't promote your services.
2. Weekly Threads.
We do a "Need Reviews" thread once a week and a "Free Book" thread once a week. If you want to ask people to review or download your free book, please only put a comment in the relevant thread. Otherwise we'll end up with a timeline full of promotional material, which will ruin the group.
3. No self-promotion except where otherwise explicitly stated above. Self-Promotional posts will be removed and you will be contacted with a warning. Do it again and you'll be banned.
Definition of self-promotion:
- Selling anything - products, services, courses, events and programs
- Asking people to join your Facebook groups
- Promoting your business stuff - services, webinar, etc
- Posting a link to your OWN website - you can, however, share other links if you think it will help the group
- Posting affiliate links
- Posting your own "content", like your blog posts etc
- Posting photos with your business URLs or social handles on them
- Asking people to PM you to find out more about what you offer or how you can work with them.
Basically - this group isn't about getting clients. It's about support, relationships and growing as an author.
4. Be polite. Don't be a troll. No second chances.
Respect people's feelings, privacy and work. We're here to support each other, not tear people down. If you're rude or disrespectful you will be banned.
If you see a troll, don't feed them. Just message us and we'll deal with it.
5. Provide genuine and helpful feedback, support, encouragement and suggestions.
Talk to others how you would like them to talk to you. We're here to help each other, so focus on giving more than you take and we'll end up with an awesome, kick-ass community that we can all benefit from.
Other than those, let's just have fun and make being an author a great experience!
* Note: These rules are subject to change without notice as we grow and learn as a community. It's down to you to check on them every so often.