Bookthority provides education, coaching and mentoring programs and done for you services for business owners and entrepreneurs to become bestselling authors.
We are committed to protecting your privacy, and this policy explains how we collect and process personal information about you when you visit our website (bookthority.com), when you use our products and services (our “Services”), or when you otherwise do business or make contact with us.
Please read this policy carefully to understand how we handle your personal information.
WHAT DOES BOOKTHORITY.COM DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
US Federal law requires us to tell you how we collect, use, share, and protect your personal information. US Federal law also limits how we can use your personal information. Protecting the privacy and security of consumers' personal information is very important to us. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do with the personal information we collect both online and offline. Although we cannot guarantee confidentiality, we take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information.
When you contact us to help you with a problem, any personal information you provide is voluntary. We collect and use only the minimum information necessary to respond to your concerns and questions. In most cases, we collect limited personal information, such as name, address, telephone number, or email address.
When you contact us to place an order, you are making voluntary disclosure of your personal information. We collect and use this information only to provide the products you ordered or to deliver the services you requested, tailored to your needs. We use third party services to collect personal financial information and do not see or store such information outside these services.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES BOOKTHORITY.COM COLLECT?
We may collect and process the following personal information from you:
- Information you provide to us: We collect personal information when you voluntarily provide us with such information in the course of using our website or Services. For example, when you register to use our Services, we will collect your name, email address, password, organization information, and billing details. We also collect personal information from you when you subscribe to our newsletter, or respond to a survey. If you make an enquiry through our website, or contact us in any other way, we will keep a copy of your communications with us.
- Information we collect when you do business with us: We may process your personal information when you do business with us – for example, as a customer or prospective customer, or as a vendor, supplier, consultant, or other third party. For example, we may hold your business contact information and financial account information (if any) and other communications you have with us for the purposes of maintaining our business relations with you.
- Information we automatically collect: We may also collect certain technical information by automatic means when you visit our website, such as IP address, browser type and operating system, referring URLs, your use of our website, and other clickstream data. We collect this information automatically through the use of various technologies, such as cookies.
- Personal information where we act as a data processor: We also process personal information on behalf of our customers in the context of supporting our products and services. Where a customer subscribes to our Services, they will be the ones who control what data is collected and stored on our systems. For example, they may ask us to request from you basic user data (e.g., email address), but may request more detailed information (e.g. your billing address). In such cases, we are data processors acting in accordance with the instructions of our customers. You will need to refer to the privacy policies of our customers to find out more about how such information is handled by them.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
When you contact us...
- With questions or comments in the contact form.
- When you comment on a post directly on the website.
- To request more information, schedule a telephone call, or sign up to receive news and information delivered via email.
- To place an order for products or services.
- To receive your product or services.
When we contact you...
- To provide the goods and services you requested.
- To request occasional feedback.
- To provide news, updates, and offers through the newsletter, usually by email.
When we contact others...
- We may see certain personal information from third party apps and services that allow us to complete your order.
- We may see certain personal information from third party apps and services that allow us to monitor website traffic, email conversion, and other analytical data.
WHERE DOES YOUR INFORMATION GO?
- We use your personal information to contact you regarding offers, to provide news and updates that you have requested, and to complete your product or services ordered.
- Certain personal information will be used internally for accounting purposes.
And outside Bookthority.com...
- We use the following third party apps and services to facilitate our business by delivering orders, sending email, accounting, and tracking analytical data for business purposes:
- Google Analytics: Specifically, Google Analytics collects data about visitors to the Site via Google advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers, in addition to other data which may be collected through a standard Google Analytics implementation. We do not merge personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information collected through any Google advertising product or feature. Should you wish to opt out of any Google Analytics Advertising features, you are encouraged to change your Ad Settings and Ad Setting for mobile apps, through the NAI’s consumer opt-out, or by using any of the other opt-out options currently available: currently available opt-outs.
- Google Fonts. More information is available here.
- Facebook pixels. More information is available here.
- ActiveCampaign. More information is available here.
- Paypal. More information is available here.
- Stripe. More information is available here.
- ThriveCart. More information is available here.
- Upviral. More information is available here.
- ConnectLeads & ConnectAudience. More information is available here.
And rarely, to law enforcement...
- We provide information to businesses or individuals in response to lawful court orders, subpoenas, or to resolve complaints.
ADDITIONAL PRIVACY-RELATED INFORMATION
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer to collect information about the pages you view and your activities on the site. They enable the site to recognize you by, for example, remembering your user name, offering a shopping cart, or keeping track of your preferences if you visit the site again. The cookie transmits this information back to the website's computer (or server) which generally is the only computer that can read it. You can set your Web browser to warn you about attempts to place cookies on your computer, or to limit the type of cookies you allow. See also more information on how to change cookies settings in popular desktop browsers.
All visitor and customer personally identifiable information (PII) is retained and securely stored as required by the laws of the United States and the State of Florida.
Financial Transaction Data
As required by US federal law, all financial transactional data is keep for a period of 7 years and is excluded from expungement and normalization requests from customers.
Data Expungement / Normalization
Requests to expunge or normalize your PII are received by writing to the Privacy Officer at the address listed below. Alternatively, you may submit your request via our Contact page.
THE EU-U.S. AND SWISS-U.S. PRIVACY SHIELD
Bookthority.com has chosen not to self-certify under the EU-U.S Privacy Shield framework. Click the following link to find out more information about the EU-U.S Privacy Shield framework.
Write to the Bookthority.com Chief Privacy Officer:
5265 University Pkwy
University Park, FL 34201
QUESTIONS ABOUT OTHER ISSUES
Visit our contact page to find contact information for other issues.
Updated: May 2018